Our team have a special interest in working with children on the autism spectrum. We demonstrate this by our commitment to integrating the principles of the evidence based approach, ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis), into our everyday practice in speech pathology.
We can help your child become a more competent communicator by
- Helping them become verbal communicators by utilising our therapy skills in the areas of Connect therapy, ABA, RMIA, Hanen More than Words and It Takes Two to Talk, DTT and PRT.
- Setting up a communication system for them (including low tech and high tech AAC options, LAMP, Proloquo2Go, PODD, Aacorn, Grid 3, Compass. Why use AAC? Watch this video
- Improve their attention span
- Build stronger language skills
- Minimize unwanted behaviours
- Teach them to engage with others and enjoy learning new skills
Read Red flags for Autism here